There are games and then there are variants. There are always one or more variants of the regular casino games. Online Caribbean Stud Poker is a variant of the five-card poker. What sets it apart from other poker games is the fact that the players play against the house represented by the deal rather than playing against each other. So this cuts out bluffing aspect in this game. The thought behind these variants being that if a player likes and indulges in the shorter version of a game, he or she may end up playing the original one.
Gameplay of Online Caribbean Stud Poker
The game has become very popular with players who want to keep it simple in Poker. Let’s take a look at the gameplay.
- The table has chips on the right-hand side and three buttons at the bottom marked Fold, Raise and Deal are used to play the game.
- Two white circle buttons in the centre are marked Ante and Raise.
- Players are required to click on the chip to place the bet. Everytime you click on a chip, the wager increases by its value.
- One can remove a bet by clicking on the chip in the betting region.
- The betting range varies from 1-500.
- The game starts when the player is dealt five cards by the Dealer and five cards are with the dealer.
- The dealer then reveals one of his cards.
- The players playing Online Caribbean Stud Poker are then required to place their bet after viewing their own cards.
- Once the players have placed their bets, the dealer reveals his other four cards.
- For the Dealer to qualify for Online Caribbean Stud Poker, he must have a King and an Ace, or a pair or any other higher-ranked card.
- A player wins if he raises the bet and the dealer does not qualify, or has higher cards than Dealer, or placed a £1 in the jackpot and hit a flush or higher.
- A Player loses if he folds; or the Dealer has qualified and has higher ranked cards.
- Players losing the hand lose the wager and the ante.
- If there’s a tie, the raise and ante are pushed.
- If the Dealer does not qualify, the players playing a raise get the bets pushed, while those playing ante bets are paid off.
- A Red Button on the screen lets the Player play progressive Jackpot in Online Caribbean Stud Poker.
- This Side bet can be played even if the dealer does not qualify. The payout is dependent on the rank of the hand.
- To play Online Caribbean Stud Poker Progressive Jackpot, the red coin button must be clicked before clicking deal.
- The button lights up to indicate that progressive jackpot play is on.
All said online Caribbean Stud Poker is worth a trial. Those already familiar with Poker will find this variant a welcome change from the original. Those who are new to poker are sure to enjoy and look for the original version.