Jacks or Better Video Poker is one of the most basic variants of the standard poker game. Here only hands with Jacks or better (Queen, King, and Ace) pay. To play this game, all you have to do is place a bet. You will be then dealt five cards. It is up to you to discard or keep the cards as per your liking, the aim being to make one of the highest paying combinations of the cards.
Jacks or Better Video Poker – List of Hands
- A high card refers to a card equal to Jack, Queen, King or Ace. The cards smaller in values than a Jack are referred to as low.
- A Royal Flush is a set of five consecutive cards of the same suit from ten through Ace. This is the topmost win of this game.
- A Straight Flush is a set of five consecutive cards of the identical suit except for a royal flush. For example, 7, 8, 9, 10, Jack of clubs.
- In Jacks or Better Video Poker, Four of a Kind are the four cards with the same denomination. For example, four Queens or four threes.
- A Full House is a hand of same numbered/pictured cards three in number and two different same numbered/pictured cards. For example, three 7’s and two Aces.
- Four to a Royal Flush means that you are just one card short of a Royal Flush and you have the other cards in place. For example, if you have Ten, Jack, Queen, and King of hearts. All you need is an Ace of Hearts to complete the Royal Flush.
- A Flush means five cards of the identical suit. For example, any five cards from the spades suit.
- Three of a Kind means same numbered/pictured cards. For example, three Queens or three 8s.
- In Jacks or better video Poker, a Straight is a combination of five consecutive cards of mixed suits.
- Four to a Straight Flush means you are just a card short of a Straight Flush and you have the other cards in place. For example Ten, Jack, Queen, and King of Spades.
- Two Pair means a pair of same numbered/pictured cards. For example, two 6s and two 8s.
- A High Pair is a pair valued Jack or Better. For example, a Jack pair or a pair of Aces.
- Three to a Royal Flush means you are two cards short to make a Royal flush and you have three to a Royal Flush.
- Four to a Flush means four cards from the identical suit just like any four diamonds.
- A Low Pair means two same cards in Jacks or better Video Poker with a value of ten or less. For e.g.: two 6s or two 8s.