Casino players who have not played Poker as yet must be intrigued by the fancy game – online Jacks or Better Video Poker. For those who don’t know, the game involves mainly three main strategies. Jackpot Mobile Casino lists the top 3 Jacks or Better Video Poker online casino strategies. Read on.
1. Online Jacks or Better Video Poker: Simple Strategy
The usage of this simple strategy on a full pay machine results in an expected 99.46% return. The mistakes in this strategy cost just 0.08% or one bet per 1178 hands.
For using this strategy, all viable ways are searched for to play an initial hand on the mentioned list and the one which is highest on the list is selected. A jack or higher is represented by a “high card”.
- Royal flush, straight flush, four of a kind
- Four to a royal flush
- Full house, straight flush, three of a kind
- 4 to a straight flush
- High pair
- Two pair
- 3 to a royal flush
- 4 to a flush
- Low pair
- 4 to an outside straight
- 2 suited high cards
- 3 to a straight flush
- 2 unsuited high cards, if more than 2, pick the lowest two
- Suited 10 or J, 10 and Q or 10 and K
- One high card
- Discard everything
2. Online Jacks or Better Video Poker: Intermediate Strategy
Known as the “intermediate strategy” for this Poker version, this strategy results in a return of 99.52% when used on a full pay machine. The mistakes in this strategy just cost 0.03% as compared to the optimal strategy return of 99.54%.
This strategy is not usually expressed in the standard order of value. As an alternative, you can refer to the list of usual conflict hands. The list is based on the hand strength of play. Many players have taken advantage of this strategy and won big for themselves.
3. Online Jacks or Better Video Poker: Optimal Strategy
The optimal strategy for online Jacks or Better Video Poker is a great strategy that gives an expected return of 99.54%. For using this strategy, all the ways to play a hand must be looked up, and the play which is highest on the list should be selected. The average return is represented by the numbers on the right and depending on the discards, these numbers can vary.
This is a long and comparatively hard strategy but if played carefully promises a perfect game. You can refer to the list of all the possible hands under this.
However, this strategy should be used by very experienced players and for those with not much experience, intermediate and simple strategies are the best.
Terms used in Online Jacks or Better Video Poker
1. High card: The jack, king, queen or ace are called the high cards. On pairing up, they return the original bet.
2. Outside straight: Any open-ended straight which can be completed at any end, like the 7, 8, 9, 10 cards.
3. Inside straight: Any straight having a missing inside card, like the 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 cards. Also, A, 2, 3, 4 and J, Q, K, A are also considered as inside straights as they lie at an extreme end.